DU 20 septembre au 20 octobre 2020
- 6-8 L’actualité des maisons
- 10 Ouvertures
- 12-16 Angelina
- 18-22 La Note Sucrée à Montluel (01) : « Faire simple et gourmand », c’est la devise de Laurent et Nadège Fumas
- 72-76 Maison Bouvard à Bourg-en-Bresse (01) : une belle affaire de famille, en pleine expansion
- 78-80 Agenda des concours
- 32-55 Recettes de nos Chefs : spécial saveurs marron
- 56-57 Pas à pas Pâtisserie
- 58-59 Pas à pas Confiserie
- 60-63 Recettes de nos fournisseurs
- 24-26 Nouveautés des fournisseurs
- 28-30 Marron : leurs petits gâteaux & entremets vedettes
- 64-71 Marron
- 82 L’actualité des fournisseurs
- 84 Bibliothèque
- 86 Technologie de la glace : glace marron
- 88 Sucre artistique : le perroquet sur son ananas de rose
- 90 Petites annonces classées
- 92 Dernière : Voronoï, pièce de Jonathan Mougel, Meilleur Ouvrier de France Pâtisserie Confiserie 2019
Recipe of the month
- Egg whites 100 g
- Caster sugar 100 g
- Icing sugar 100 g
Whip egg whites and gradually add caster sugar. Finish by folding sifted icing sugar with a spatula. Pipe and bake at 90°C for 2 hours.
- Butter 1,000 g
- TPT (50% almond powder, 50% icing sugar) 1,500 g
- Macaron powder 500 g
- Potato starch 65 g
- Egg 14 g
- Rum 125 g
- Crème pâtissière 1,250 g
Mix butter with TPT, macaron powder and starch. Add egg and rum before finishing with crème pâtissèrie.
WHITE CHOCOLATE VANILLA CHANTILLY
- Cream 35% fat 750 g
- Vanilla bean 2 g
- Gelatin mass (200 bloom) 18 g
- White chocolate 180 g
Heat cream with vanilla bean and gelatin mass to 40°C. Pour onto white chocolate and emulsify with a hand blender. Refrigerate to set doe 24 hours before whipping.
- Chestnut paste 1,000 g
- Butter 300 g
- Chestnut cream 500 g
- Rum as needed
Mix chestnut paste with butter. Gradually add chestnut cream and finish with rum.
Recipe given by
Pâtisserie chocolaterie Aux 2 Des Monts, Collonges-au-Mont-d’Or (Rhône).
To offer an indulging classic to our clients.
As the name suggests, we wanted to create a cake in the shape of a dome or mountain.
Vanilla, almond and of course chestnut cream. All comes from the last ingredient. I found the rare pearl: a grower in Ardeche (a region in France) which makes this preparation (cream, puree, flour etc..) with chestnuts only from Ardeche.
The farm run by Michel and Dominique Grange in Lamastre (the north of Ardeche) grow, pick and transform in their own laboratory. Their chestnuts are 100% organic without adding any sugar to their chestnut paste in order to bring out the best of this regional ingredient.
THE TECHNICAL STEP?
Making the chestnut cream and piping it as it is quite technical.
We communicate with the use of local and organic chestnuts. Our clients are really happy to see a short supply chain.
Since 1978, between tradition and innovation, the Journal du Patissier has been your monthly pastry, chocolatier, ice cream, catering, candy, restaurant reference worldwide.
Download a complete issue to discover the content
PDF | 11.8 Mb
The latest from the profession and its innovations
- Latest news from all the big pastry shops, their creations and latest trends;
- Reports from the latest innovative pastry shops;
- Dessert menus from Michelin starred restaurants;
- French and international competitions.
An inspiration for your business
- A theme for each edition with news for suppliers to correctly prepare all the big yearly events, Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mother’s and Father’s Day, the chocolate and yule log season and New Year’s;
- The latest from equipment suppliers, packaging, chocolate, butter, creams and fats;
- Latest innovations from ingredient suppliers and also equipment and services.
An inspirational source for your recipes
- The central recipe section for both pastry chefs from shops and restaurants with chocolate, fruit, logs, cakes as themes, with both revisited classics (not just classical), black forest, rum baba, Mont-blanc, opera, Paris-Brest....
- Step by step recipes both pastry and chocolaterie on a double page: with each step illustrated with a photo as well as tips and techniques from the chef;
- All step by step recipes printed in English and French.
A source of professional progression
- Chocolate and ice cream theory;
- Sugar and chocolate show pieces;
- Classi eds with jobs, business for sale and material;
- Publications of professional books.